First Alert Air Quality Detection in Calgary & Surrounding Areas
The average person in Calgary especially in the winter season spends 90% of their time indoors, so the quality of your indoor air is of the utmost importance to your health. Not only is it important to understand the general quality of the air in your home and workplace, but you also need to know the air quality in each room. Let us provide you with on-site testing, that provides instant results and on the spot reporting. The benefits of air surveying is that it allows you to narrow down suspected mold to within a meter. There are no additional fees for lab analysis. Keep in mind this method will not identify species of spores, or count (we have another method is this information is detected or required). Get your first alert and peace of mind if there are any concerns with your indoor air quality.
Getting regular measurements of your home or businesses indoor air quality is a vital step in ensuring the health of your family.
- Mobile Air Quality Monitoring for PM2.5 and PM10 (detects mold, silica dust, smog, etc) and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) such as exhaust fumes, perfume, alcohol vapor, etc.
- The sensor can measure for airborne mold spores both indoors and in outdoor environments.
- This device is mobile and can provide a thorough inspection of every part of your house.
- By the second updates in real-time monitoring of a rooms condition.
Child & Adult Care
- Outpatient monitoring
- Asthma patients
- Cardiac patients
- Construction nuisance dust monitoring
- Post Construction clean up validation
- Post Remediation (flood, fire)
Real-Estate & Property Management
- Grow Op Testing | A Former a grow-op puts you at risk of mold exposure and structural damage to your home. However, it doesn’t instantly mean danger. It is possible to have the problems associated with the mold and moisture inspected, tested, and remedied. These steps can ensure the health and safety of your family members.
- Meth Lab Testing
- Personal monitoring
Surveying vs. Sampling
- Cost efficient way of surveying an entire property | Many samples using air traps, swabs to test an entire house
- Narrow mold areas down to 1 meter | suspected mold is the entire room
- No wait for results or lab testing | 2-3 days wait for results
- Same day reporting | 2-3 wait for results to be released
- Same day transaction | 2-3 transaction time
First 5 rooms (your choice) | 249.00
Additional Rooms |: $25.00
Add on to other service | $100.00
Ask us about Monthly, Quarterly, Annual subscriptions.
Bulk Sampling & Air Sampling (Accreted Lab Results)
Bulk and/or Air sampling may be necessary if the presence of mold is suspected (if, for example, musty odors are noted) but cannot be identified by a visual examination. Since micro-organisms can enter a building through travel of people and animals bringing them indoors. Also air movement from the outdoors floating through doors, open windows, and unsealed openings in the building can contribute to moisture problems; affecting your indoor air.
How does air samples get taken?
Air samples are taken by the use of a pump that pulls air through a collection cassette. The cassette catches mold spores from the air. Also swabs (bulk) are used to collect mold spores. The samples are sent to a laboratory, and a microscope is used to count the mold spores. The results are provided to you with results. Typically when mold is present in the air and building materials remediation is needed.
Identifying health effects caused from mold contamination/exposure can become severe. We are here to assist you with testing if some or all of the symptoms exist around you. Symptoms include:
- severe coughing
- sore eyes
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- allergic reactions
- acute upper respiratory tract infections